Hey there! I’m Gene.
I’m here to help you become a better marketer by being a better leader. Sound good? Connect with me then by filling out the contact form petrovlmc.com/contact
Here’s a quick summary of my experience and education:
- The last 2 years building a brand on social media that connects leadership and marketing
- 20 years of leadership experience
- BS and MS in Management from the University of Maryland University College
- Seven years of leadership roles in the US Air Force with teams ranging in size up to fifteen
- Three years in corporate America leading a team of twenty-four people (seven direct reports) over a wide geography
- Three years in a mom and pop bakery supervising a small team of two to four bakers
On a personal note, I am a first-generation American and the firstborn son of a Bulgarian dad and a Puerto Rican mom. I was born in New York City but grew up in South Jersey. When I was twenty-one I joined the Air Force and lived in a few different areas such as San Antonio, Monterey, CA, and last Baltimore, MD. I’m a husband of nine years to my darling wife – Katie and a father of eight-year-old triplets – Brayden, Nicholas, and Riley.
I decided to start this business because I believe that I can do more than simply be a cog in a big organization’s machine. My approach to leadership and marketing relies heavily on my own deep, faith-based convictions and the experience of working with the younger generations (Millennials especially). I believe that the younger generations (I consider myself Gen X) will continue to amaze us with their passion and ability. They just need a gentle and loving hand to guide them through some of the realities of work life.
Ultimately, I believe this business is about more than me or even my family. My wife and I adopted our triplets out of the foster care system. We would love to be able to use this business as a platform to grow the awareness of the need for more families to help kids in need. The foster care system is overwhelmed and under-resourced. There are a staggering number of kids who need loving families and the number is growing exponentially. We help your business and our business helps kids in need.
Thanks and I look forward to working with you and your organization!